We have "Date Night" every week on Thursday nights. Our wonderful babysitter, Emily, comes by around 5:30 and we usually get back by 9pm because we're SO tired... hilarious! One of our favorite things to do is to eat dinner at great Austin restaurants during happy hour and eat appetizers for dinner.... Great meals, small prices... Please let us know if you have any favorites...
Here are our favorites:
DAILY GRILL - located in the Domain in North Austin. They have $1.94 appetizers from 5pm-7pm and from 9pm-11pm weekdays, they also have times during the weekend, I think 3pm and later on Sundays. There is an awesome chicken pot pie, baby crab cakes and spinach artichoke dip.
KYOTO DOWNTOWN - on Congress near 3rd street above the Elephant room. From 6pm-6:45pm weekdays and Saturdays. There is a hostess there that's like the soup nazi from Seinfeld... Very particular about the rules, so make sure your party is complete if you want to be seated. There is usually a line to get in at 6pm, but we haven't had a problem getting a table. They have $3 sushi rolls and sushi... It's fun to sit in the room where you sit on the floor.
MOONSHINE - near the convention center on 2nd Street. Happy hour until 6:30 I think... half price appetizers. Great drink specials.
Z'TEJAS - 6th Street near Baylor. Happy hour until 7pm. Half price appetizers
THE ROARING FORK BAR - Located in the Stephen F Austin Hotel at Congress and 7th. Half price appetizers until 7pm. A great cheeseburger for $5!
TRULUCKS BAR - Half price appetizers until 7pm.
BLUE STAR CAFE - Burnet near 49th St. Half price appetizers until 7pm. Great grilled cheese and we recommend the burger too... We loved everything here.
SABA - On 4th just west of Colorado. I LOVE the Mushu (sp?) pork... SO good. Also great drink specials and a fun atmosphere.
WATERLOO IN CIRCLE C - Maybe this is true of other Waterloos, but they have $2 drinks.... love the mocha martini :) And 25 cent chicken wings.
Enjoy! Let us know if you try any of these.... and what you think!
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome list! I've been meaning to ask about your happy hour "secrets". Thanks for posting them. I definitely like the 25 cent wings at Waterloo.
Thanks for sharing. I had no idea Waterloo had such good deals. Went and tried the mochatina last night after reading this.
Hey! I hadn't read your blog in too long and this posting made me laugh! Beth, Susan and I have enjoyed Serrano's $2 margs and $1 bean/cheese nachos and quesadillas. Are bill is usually less than $12 for ALL of us.
Fun!
Post a Comment